Terms of Service
By connecting with and accessing services supplied by Classic Escapes and accessing or using www.classic-escapes.com or any of its related website, blogs, applications or platforms (collectively, “the Website”), owned by Classic Escapes Close Corporation (reg: 2007/044195/23) (“Classic Escapes”), you agree that you have read, understood and agree to be bound to the terms and conditions contained herein (“Terms”), in conjunction with any additional Classic Escapes terms particularly applicable to you and the Services you utilise. All rights in and to the content of the Website remain at all times expressly reserved by Classic Escapes.
Please see Classic Escapes’ distinct sections on Booking Terms, Privacy, Intellectual Property, and Disclaimers & Indemnities in the full document available for download here.
COVID19 WARNING | 27 March 2020
The Services may be affected by the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
As much as we have a commitment to our travellers, we also have a commitment to our employees and the local suppliers that tourismbenefits. For that reason, anything related to the COVID-19 virus will have the standard terms and conditions apply as usual.
Naturally, should any Tour be cancelled by us, all affected users will be notified and users who have paid their full Tour Fee will bereimbursed 100% of their Fee.
For more information on the terms of cancelations and/or refunds, please see the Cancellations and Refunds Section in the full document (availabe as a downloadable PDF).
For more information on how the SA Tourism sector is managing COVID-19, please consult this SATSA guide.
Please read these terms carefully before accessing or using the Services or Website. Classic Escapes will assume you have read and understood these terms should you continue to access or make use of the Services and/or Website.
By using the Services and/or Website, you warrant that you have carefully read and understood these Classic Escapes Terms, and have familiarized yourself with all the information provided to you about our Services and agree to all stated conditions set forth in these Terms.
You further understand and agree that these Terms also contain a release of liability in Classic Escape’s favour, and that you accept these Terms of your own free will. These Terms are binding on your heirs, dependents, legal representatives and assigns.
It is important to note the following:
The terms "user", “you", “client” and “your” are used interchangeably in these Terms and refer to all persons using the Services and/or accessing the Website for any reason whatsoever. Accordingly, the terms “us”, “our” or “we” refers to Classic Escapes or its possession.
Not all terms are necessarily defined in order.
These terms were last updated on 02 June 2020.
Introduction to the services and website
- Classic Escapes exists to choreograph connection. With over 20-years of experience in high end luxury travel, we tailor-make itineraries based on our client’s individual needs, desires and dreams. We travel extensively, have excellent relationships with suppliers and use our first-hand experience to carefully curate unique journeys. Working with only selected clients who are either repeat or who have been referred to us, Classic Escapes maintains a high level of service and attention to detail within a niche market.
- We provide bespoke consulting and travel agency services allowing users to contact Classic Escapes to procure their travel and consulting services from Classic Escapes, signing-up for our exciting newsletter, reviewing our travel content page (the “Classic Journeys” page) and/or making contact with us generally (collectively, the “Service/s”).
- These Terms explain the conditions applicable to the core provisions applicable to a user’s use of any Services derived from Classic Escapes and how users must make use of the Website. Depending on the exact Services used, a user may also need to conclude additional agreements with Classic Escapes, which agreements will contain more specific details and/or conditions relating to the exact Service acquired, including exact services and fees to be expected.
- In return for using some of the Services available, the user may have to pay a fee to Classic Escapes or another third party (“Fee”), but same Fee will be detailed to you Classic Escapes’ Service invoice, before you incur such a Fee, or in any further Service-specific agreement you may conclude with Classic Escapes or another third party. Please contact us for a breakdown of the Fees applicable to your chosen Services.
- The Website and these Terms are subject to change without notice. These Terms are updated or amended from time to time and will be effective upon Classic Escapes uploading the amended Terms to the Website. Your continued access or use of the Website constitutes your acceptance to be bound by the Terms, as amended. It is your responsibility to read these Terms periodically to ensure you are aware of any changes.
- Unauthorised use of the Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Download the full Terms of Service document: